It was a stellar night for adHOME (formerly Surge Communications), as the London-based agency scooped up eight awards at the 2012 IABC Virtuoso Awards held on June 14 at Western Fair District.
Since 1995, the London Chapter of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) has celebrated communications and creative excellence in London and southwestern Ontario with the Virtuoso Awards Gala. This year’s event, with the highest attendance in the show’s history, brought out more than 180 people from dozens of regional marketing agencies, design houses and public relations firms to celebrate the best of the best in marketing and communications.
People’s Choice Award Winner
In addition to winning the awards for creative excellence, adHOME also picked up the People’s Choice Award, voted on by attendees during the show. The agency’s humorous one-minute video entitled, “Hinterland Who’s Who”, beat out four other marketing and communication firms that submitted videos depicting a behind the scenes look at the life of a communicator.
Agency Partner, Mary-Ellen Willard, spoke highly of the winning results and her team. “We’re really proud of the effort our team makes to deliver results for our clients, and to be further recognized in this manner is truly the icing on the cake.” Client members from Southwest Ontario Tourism Corp. and Western Fair District attended the show and took to the stage to accept the awards for the branding and social media campaigns developed by adHOME.
Other agency Partner, Mark Brown, was equally proud of the agency’s success. “The fact that we won the People’s Choice Award from our peers is a testament to the agency’s creativity and passion for the business.”
For the last two years, adHOME has been the official design sponsor for the Virtuoso gala. In addition, Mary-Ellen Willard volunteered her time to co-chair the event.
- Award of Excellence: Electronic and Digital Communication/Ten Days in the District Promotion
- Award of Merit: Marketing Communication/Maple Leaf Foodservice – Redeem & Win Promotion
- Award of Merit: Publication Design/Merial Canada – GastroGard Print Ad
- Award of Merit: Publication Design/Roxul Safe n’ Sound Contractor Tool Kit
- Award of Merit: Graphic Design/Ontario’s Southwest Corporate Identity
- Award of Merit: Interactive Media Design/The Mufflerman – Mobile Application Banners
- Award of Merit: Advertising/Western Fair District Print Ad
- Award of Merit: Advertising/The Mufflerman – Radio Campaign