This holiday season, adHOME is promoting a fun initiative that gives back to the community and encourages good deeds. Our goal is to create a positive impact on the people around us by participating in charitable causes, helping out a neighbour in need and a variety of other great ideas. Over the next month and into the new year, adHOME will share through social media the various ways our agency and individual staff members are giving back.
Here’s how we’ll do it: each time someone participates in a good deed, we’ll take a photo and post in on social media using the hashtag #GrowYourHeartadHOME. We hope our acts of kindness will inspire those around us to do the same and create a snowball effect.
Anyone can participate! We encourage everyone to join in and share how you’re helping out this season. No good deed is too small or too big.
Here is a list of activities that we have planned for the next month but we anticipate many more spontaneous acts along the way.
- Bringing supplies to the Humane Society
- Bringing hot chocolate to construction workers
- Donating books for children
- Gathering to write a beautiful Christmas card to send to the military
- Donating blood
- Bringing baked goods to firefighters
- Shoveling neighbours driveway
- Donating winter coats
- Donating hair or shaving head for cancer
- Picking up trash in the neighbourhood
- Bringing socks to donate to nursing homes
Keep updated by following our hashtag, and please join in by sharing your good deeds.
Together, we can all Grow Our Hearts.
To kickoff this initiative some adHOME’rs went down to Victoria Park for the Lighting of the Lights and handed out candy canes!